Call Now For A Free Consultation 541-485-4878
Slick Roadway Conditions Caused a Truck Accident Near Eugene
With snowy weather comes slick roadways. Slick roadway conditions caused a truck accident near Eugene according to ODOT. A tanker truck was involved in the truck accident forcing state crews to close the highway west of Oakridge for about two hours. Traffic was limited to one lane for most of the day. The driver of a vehicle lost control on the icy highway and slid into the truck. Minor injuries were reported from one of the drivers involved in the crash. The highway opening was delayed due to a spill from the tanker truck.
Winter Driving Tips
The following are a few winter driving tips to keep in mind before attempting to drive on the snow and ice to avoid an accident.
- Know how your car reacts to certain situations. Every vehicle handles differently, especially on wet or icy roads. Knowing how to react to the way your vehicle handles can prove to be very helpful in an emergency situation.
- Make sure your car is well maintained and ready for winter driving. For example, making sure all fluids under the hood are topped off, floor mats are properly installed, headlights are working properly, tires are in good condition, etc.
- Go slow! Remember it is harder to control or stop your vehicle on wet, slick or snow-covered roads.
- Increase your following distance to give yourself extra time to stop.
- Always wear a seat belt and make sure everyone else in the car is buckled also.
- Be prepared by keeping your gas tank full, warm clothes in your car, jumper cables, etc.
- Give a snow plow extra space by not traveling beside them. Also, if you are following a snow plow, leave extra space and don’t stop too close to them.
- If possible, avoid driving in the snow and wait for the storm to pass.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Eugene
The auto accident attorneys at Parke Gordon Law Firm are here to help after a car accident. Contact the law office of personal injury attorney Mat Parke today for a free consultation. We can usually tell you over the phone if you have a good case. Our law firm believes every client deserves fair representation, not just big insurance companies with deep pockets. Let our experienced and knowledgeable attorney help you beat Goliath. Call (541) 485-4878 now for a free case review.
You Pay Nothing Until We Win Your Case
Call Now For A Free Consultation 541-485-4878 How to Stay Safe While at a Car Crash Scene After an accident, it can be very dangerous to be standing around the crash scene. If your vehicle will drive, move out of the flow of traffic. If you are on the freeway, get off the freeway entirely…Read More
Call Now For A Free Consultation 541-485-4878 Who is Liable if a Pedestrian is Injured While Jaywalking? Since the pedestrian takes the worst of an accident after being hit, it is easy to assume that the driver is at fault for the car accident. However, this isn’t always the case. It is possible for the…Read More
Eugene, Washington Law Office
Our Eugene, Oregon law office provides legal services to injury clients in and surrounding Eugene. Visit or call our Eugene, Oregon law office now.
Parke Gordon, LLC
228 E. 11th Ave
Eugene, OR 97401
Phone: (541) 485-4878