Call Now For A Free Consultation 541-485-4878
Rollover Car Crash on Interstate 5 near Cottage Grove
Oregon State Police reported a rollover car crash on Interstate 5 near Cottage Grove. Witnesses say the vehicle was heading northbound and appeared to be driving fine. Suddenly, the vehicle jerked and drove off the road, hitting a small tree and causing the car to rollover. The driver was injured in the car crash and needed immediate medical attention. She was taken to a nearby hospital for evaluation of injuries. The following are a few good ways to avoid a rollover car crash.
Good Ways to Avoid a Rollover Car Crash
Serious injuries and even death often result from a rollover crash. As the driver, there are several things you can do to avoid a rollover car accident.
- Always remember to wear a seatbelt. Also, make sure all passengers in the vehicle are wearing a seat belt. Over 65 percent of rollover fatalities in 2010 was largely due to drivers and passengers not wearing a seatbelt.
- Leave enough space between cars. Always leave driving distance between you and the car in front of you. Doing so will ensure you have enough time to stop or move in the event of an emergency.
- Never drive drunk. Even a good driver cannot perform when intoxicated. Driving intoxicated causes the driver to make unplanned turns, swerving between lanes, etc. which can lead to a rollover crash.
- Watch road conditions. If the temperature has dropped below freezing, be extra cautious of black ice. When roads are wet or slick, slow down. Road conditions play a huge roll in many rollover crash accidents.
- Reduce speed before a turn. A major reason for a rollover crash is taking a turn too fast. Vehicles will start to swerve sideways if going too fast for a turn.
- Be aware of the height of your vehicle. Taller vehicles will have a greater tendency to top over and roll due to their height. It may be a good idea to choose a vehicle with a low center of gravity and a stable base.
- Balance your tires often. Always have your tires checked and your vehicle well maintained to avoid any kind of car accident.
Call a Car Accident Lawyer in Eugene, Oregon Now
Don't wait to call a car accident attorney! Call us now at (541) 485-4878 for a free case review. We can usually tell you over the phone if you have a good case. Our lawyers can take the stress out of a claim and we'll fight to get you full value for your car accident injuries. Parke Gordon Law Firm has a goal to make your process of recovery as stress-free as possible. While you are recovering from injuries, let our law office work to collect evidence regarding your accident, write an insurance claim on your behalf, and negotiate with the insurance company.
You Pay Nothing Until We Win Your Case
Call Now For A Free Consultation 541-485-4878 An Injury Attorney Can Prove Your Claim After an accident, you may be wondering how an injury attorney can prove your claim. The experienced injury attorneys at Parke Gordon Law Firm in Eugene will fight to get you the largest possible settlement for your injuries, property damage, and…Read More
Call Now For A Free Consultation 541-485-4878 How Car Accidents and Motorcycle Accidents Compare Car accidents and motorcycle accidents are similar in that both are often caused by speeding and/or alcohol. In fact, speeding, alcohol, and/or distracted driving were a factor in 58 percent of fatal traffic accidents between 2004 and 2013 according to statistics…Read More
Eugene, Oregon Law Office
Our Eugene, Oregon law office provides legal services to injury clients in and surrounding Eugene. Visit or call our Eugene, Oregon law office now.
Parke Gordon, LLC
228 E. 11th Ave
Eugene, OR 97401
Phone: (541) 485-4878