Call Now For A Free Consultation 541-485-4878
Eugene Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Our motorcycle accident lawyers have the experience and knowledge to help you obtain a fair settlement for the injuries you sustained in a motorcycle accident. Let us help you deal with the insurance companies, medical bills, lost wages, and property damages resulting from a motorcycle accident. We'll fight to get you every penny you deserve. No attorney fees will be collected until we settle. Call our Eugene law office now for a free consultation at (541) 485-4878.
Motorcycle Accident Injuries in Eugene, OR
Motorcycle accidents can result in extremely serious injuries. A motorcyclist has nothing to soften the blow of a collision, therefore injuries obtained in a motorcycle accident can be more extensive than if the driver was in a car. Surgeries and hospital stays can be substantially more extensive from a motorcycle accident.
To make matters worse, motorcycle insurance is not usually as comprehensive as automobile insurance and might not include medical payment coverage. Our motorcycle accident attorneys are experienced in dealing with accidents with high medical bills and serious injuries. We uncover all available liability insurance and negotiate reductions in medical expenses with hospitals and surgeons.
Typical Causes of a Motorcycle Accident
Unpredictable things can happen while riding a motorcycle. Alarming statistics show significantly high motorcycle accident injuries or even death. Motorcyclists should use extreme caution on the road and hire personal injury attorney Mat Parke when necessary. It is important to understand some common causes of motorcycle accidents. Here are some common causes of motorcycle accidents to be aware of.
Often when traffic is heavy, a motorcyclist may decide to drive between lanes. Or a motorcyclist may decide to drive between cars moving slowly. Lane splitting is one of the major causes of motorcycle accidents. Here are a few reasons why lane splitting should be avoided:
- Other drivers don’t normally expect a motorcyclist to split lanes.
- Less space to maneuver.
- Other vehicles are closer to the motorcycle.
Hazards in the Road
Road hazards to be aware of include: uneven lanes, potholes, dead animals or anything else sitting in the lane. Hitting a road hazard could be deadly for a motorcyclist.
It is always dangerous to speed no matter what you are driving. Driving fast on a motorcycle is a great temptation for many. However, most motorcycle accidents are caused by excessive speeding.
Driving under the influence of alcohol is never okay but even worse on a motorcycle. Almost half of all motorcycle accidents are caused by drunk driving.
A common place for a motorcycle accident to take place is in an intersection. Since motorcycles are smaller and harder to see, they often go unseen when turning. A motorcyclist could also be hit by a vehicle turning left. Be aware and cautious of other drivers turning when driving a motorcycle.
Motorcycle Crash Statistics in America
Motorcycle accidents are not necessarily more common than other motor vehicle accidents. However, the effects and results of a motorcycle accident are usually more devastating. Here are some interesting facts about motorcycle accidents to consider.
- Two-thirds of motorcycle accidents are caused by other vehicles violating the motorcycle’s right-of-way.
- Weather is not a factor in 98 percent of motorcycle accidents
- Almost half of all motorcycle accidents occur from drivers not being able to see the motorcyclist.
- Only 25 percent of motorcycle accidents involve the motorcycle colliding with a fixed object or the roadway. More often the motorcycle is hit by another vehicle.
- Most motorcycle accidents involve a woman or a rider between the age of 16 and 24.
- Half of all motorcyclist wear a helmet.
- At the time of the motorcycle accident, 40 percent of the motorcyclists are wearing a helmet.
These motorcycle accident facts were gathered from legal resources.
Tips to Prevent Motorcycle Accidents
- Look and listen before making a turn. Almost half of all motorcycle accidents involving a vehicle are caused by the vehicle making a left turn in front of the biker.
- Check your blind spot periodically. It helps to know who is driving around you. This is especially true with motorcyclists since they are smaller. Always check your blind spot especially before changing lanes.
- Leave some extra space in front of you. A good rule of thumb is to leave 4-second space between you and the motorcycle. This will give you enough time to react should an emergency arise.
- Be courteous in bad weather. Motorcycle act differently in bad weather. Leave more space for the biker to be able to navigate properly.
Motorcycle Accidents Are Usually Caused by Other Drivers
Richland motorcycle accident lawyers at Parke Gordon handle many cases such as this. Distracted drivers or drivers not paying attention are all too common. Usually, motorcycle accidents occur from other cars not paying attention. A person driving in a vehicle are more protected in an accident with airbags and being surrounded by a heavy metal frame. When riding on a motorcycle, every accident is serious. No matter how safe the motorcyclist is being, they can still be easily hit by a distracted driver. Some common reasons other drivers are to blame for motorcycle accidents include:
- Following too close
- Lane drifting
- Aggressive driving
- Distracted driving
- Failing to watch out for motorcycles
- Drunk driving
How a Motorcycle Accident Attorney Can Help with Your Case
Motorcycle accidents typically result in significant and costly injuries or sometimes even wrongful death. Receiving the compensation you deserve could depend on if you hire an experienced motorcycle injury lawyer. Motorcycle accident attorneys are hired to handle the stress of dealing with insurance companies. Our law firm can get you the compensation you deserve for your motorcycle accident. Mat Parke is an experienced motorcycle accident attorney who believes every client deserves top-tier representation. Let the law office of Parke Gordon Law Firm fight the big insurance companies. Mat Parke and our team of motorcycle accident lawyers will work to identify parties to sue, calculate damages owed, and pursue a lawsuit.
When Presenting Your Case to a Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Here are some tips to help you feel more comfortable when calling to present your case to a motorcycle accident attorney at Brent Gordon Law.
- Share as many details about the motorcycle accident that you can. When the attorney has a clear understanding of the case they will better be able to help.
- Understand that a lawyer will not always take your case. From a financial standpoint, an attorney has an obligation to their company to make sure a case will produce income.
- Review the accident before calling to make sure you can present all the facts and clearly state who was at fault.
- Know what your insurance policy will cover.
- Have evidence such as police reports, photos of the accident, witness statements, etc.
Contact a Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Eugene, OR Now
Don't wait to call a motorcycle accident attorney. Our law office is aggressive, experienced, and trusted. Let us fight on your behalf to ensure you get a fair settlement for your injuries. Call the Parke Gordon Eugene law office now at (541) 485-4878 to get started on your case.
You Pay Nothing Until We Win Your Case
Call Now For A Free Consultation 541-485-4878 How to Stay Safe While at a Car Crash Scene After an accident, it can be very dangerous to be standing around the crash scene. If your vehicle will drive, move out of the flow of traffic. If you are on the freeway, get off the freeway entirely…Read More
Call Now For A Free Consultation 541-485-4878 Who is Liable if a Pedestrian is Injured While Jaywalking? Since the pedestrian takes the worst of an accident after being hit, it is easy to assume that the driver is at fault for the car accident. However, this isn’t always the case. It is possible for the…Read More
Eugene, Washington Law Office
Our Eugene, Oregon law office provides legal services to injury clients in and surrounding Eugene. Visit or call our Eugene, Oregon law office now.
Parke Gordon, LLC
228 E. 11th Ave
Eugene, OR 97401
Phone: (541) 485-4878