Call Now For A Free Consultation 541-485-4878
Eugene Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Our motorcycle accident lawyers have the experience and knowledge to help you obtain a fair settlement for the injuries you sustained in a motorcycle accident. Let us help you deal with the insurance companies, medical bills, lost wages, and property damages resulting from a motorcycle accident. We'll fight to get you every penny you deserve. No attorney fees will be collected until we settle. Call our Eugene law office now for a free consultation at (541) 485-4878.
Motorcycle Accident Injuries in Eugene, OR
Motorcycle accidents can result in extremely serious injuries. A motorcyclist has nothing to soften the blow of a collision, therefore injuries obtained in a motorcycle accident can be more extensive than if the driver was in a car. Surgeries and hospital stays can be substantially more extensive from a motorcycle accident.
To make matters worse, motorcycle insurance is not usually as comprehensive as automobile insurance and might not include medical payment coverage. Our motorcycle accident attorneys are experienced in dealing with accidents with high medical bills and serious injuries. We uncover all available liability insurance and negotiate reductions in medical expenses with hospitals and surgeons.
Typical Causes of a Motorcycle Accident
Unpredictable things can happen while riding a motorcycle. Alarming statistics show significantly high motorcycle accident injuries or even death. Motorcyclists should use extreme caution on the road and hire personal injury attorney Mat Parke when necessary. It is important to understand some common causes of motorcycle accidents. Here are some common causes of motorcycle accidents to be aware of.
Often when traffic is heavy, a motorcyclist may decide to drive between lanes. Or a motorcyclist may decide to drive between cars moving slowly. Lane splitting is one of the major causes of motorcycle accidents. Here are a few reasons why lane splitting should be avoided:
- Other drivers don’t normally expect a motorcyclist to split lanes.
- Less space to maneuver.
- Other vehicles are closer to the motorcycle.
Hazards in the Road
Road hazards to be aware of include: uneven lanes, potholes, dead animals or anything else sitting in the lane. Hitting a road hazard could be deadly for a motorcyclist.
It is always dangerous to speed no matter what you are driving. Driving fast on a motorcycle is a great temptation for many. However, most motorcycle accidents are caused by excessive speeding.
Driving under the influence of alcohol is never okay but even worse on a motorcycle. Almost half of all motorcycle accidents are caused by drunk driving.
A common place for a motorcycle accident to take place is in an intersection. Since motorcycles are smaller and harder to see, they often go unseen when turning. A motorcyclist could also be hit by a vehicle turning left. Be aware and cautious of other drivers turning when driving a motorcycle.
Motorcycle Crash Statistics in America
Motorcycle accidents are not necessarily more common than other motor vehicle accidents. However, the effects and results of a motorcycle accident are usually more devastating. Here are some interesting facts about motorcycle accidents to consider.
- Two-thirds of motorcycle accidents are caused by other vehicles violating the motorcycle’s right-of-way.
- Weather is not a factor in 98 percent of motorcycle accidents
- Almost half of all motorcycle accidents occur from drivers not being able to see the motorcyclist.
- Only 25 percent of motorcycle accidents involve the motorcycle colliding with a fixed object or the roadway. More often the motorcycle is hit by another vehicle.
- Most motorcycle accidents involve a woman or a rider between the age of 16 and 24.
- Half of all motorcyclist wear a helmet.
- At the time of the motorcycle accident, 40 percent of the motorcyclists are wearing a helmet.
These motorcycle accident facts were gathered from legal resources.
Tips to Prevent Motorcycle Accidents
- Look and listen before making a turn. Almost half of all motorcycle accidents involving a vehicle are caused by the vehicle making a left turn in front of the biker.
- Check your blind spot periodically. It helps to know who is driving around you. This is especially true with motorcyclists since they are smaller. Always check your blind spot especially before changing lanes.
- Leave some extra space in front of you. A good rule of thumb is to leave 4-second space between you and the motorcycle. This will give you enough time to react should an emergency arise.
- Be courteous in bad weather. Motorcycle act differently in bad weather. Leave more space for the biker to be able to navigate properly.
Motorcycle Accidents Are Usually Caused by Other Drivers
Richland motorcycle accident lawyers at Parke Gordon handle many cases such as this. Distracted drivers or drivers not paying attention are all too common. Usually, motorcycle accidents occur from other cars not paying attention. A person driving in a vehicle are more protected in an accident with airbags and being surrounded by a heavy metal frame. When riding on a motorcycle, every accident is serious. No matter how safe the motorcyclist is being, they can still be easily hit by a distracted driver. Some common reasons other drivers are to blame for motorcycle accidents include:
- Following too close
- Lane drifting
- Aggressive driving
- Distracted driving
- Failing to watch out for motorcycles
- Drunk driving
How a Motorcycle Accident Attorney Can Help with Your Case
Motorcycle accidents typically result in significant and costly injuries or sometimes even wrongful death. Receiving the compensation you deserve could depend on if you hire an experienced motorcycle injury lawyer. Motorcycle accident attorneys are hired to handle the stress of dealing with insurance companies. Our law firm can get you the compensation you deserve for your motorcycle accident. Mat Parke is an experienced motorcycle accident attorney who believes every client deserves top-tier representation. Let the law office of Parke Gordon Law Firm fight the big insurance companies. Mat Parke and our team of motorcycle accident lawyers will work to identify parties to sue, calculate damages owed, and pursue a lawsuit.
When Presenting Your Case to a Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Here are some tips to help you feel more comfortable when calling to present your case to a motorcycle accident attorney at Brent Gordon Law.
- Share as many details about the motorcycle accident that you can. When the attorney has a clear understanding of the case they will better be able to help.
- Understand that a lawyer will not always take your case. From a financial standpoint, an attorney has an obligation to their company to make sure a case will produce income.
- Review the accident before calling to make sure you can present all the facts and clearly state who was at fault.
- Know what your insurance policy will cover.
- Have evidence such as police reports, photos of the accident, witness statements, etc.
How Much is My Motorcycle Accident Case Worth?
If you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident as a rider or a passenger, you are probably wondering how much your motorcycle accident claim may be worth. The following are a few common factors that will affect the value of any claim you decide to make.
Liability and Damages
The value of any motorcycle accident case depends on two things, liability and damages. Liability means who was at fault for the accident. If no liability exists, either because the person who hit you was not being negligent, or because you are not able to prove the other driver was at fault, your case will not be worth very much. An experienced personal injury attorney from Parke Gordon Law Firm will fight to determine liability by investigating police reports, talking with witnesses, etc. Without proving liability, the other driver doesn’t owe you anything in which case an attorney will not take on your case.
Damages are any losses that you suffered in the accident such as injuries or property damage to the motorcycle. The more significant the injuries, the higher the compensation amount will be. A personal injury case is usually made up of two types of damages: damages capable of exact calculation and damages not capable of exact calculations such as pain and suffering. Because some damages cannot be calculated, a jury is usually instructed to use their good sense, background, and experience to determine the value for pain and suffering.
Settlement vs. Trail
When determining the value of a motorcycle accident claim there are two types of valuations. The settlement value is what you can reasonably hope to settle the case for. The trial value is what you reasonably expect to win in a trial. Typically, most attorneys will try to settle to avoid losing in a trial. The value of either a settlement or trial is based on liability and damages from the accident.
Contact a Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Eugene, OR Now
Don't wait to call a motorcycle accident attorney. Our law office is aggressive, experienced, and trusted. Let us fight on your behalf to ensure you get a fair settlement for your injuries. Call the Parke Gordon Eugene law office now at (541) 485-4878 to get started on your case.
You Pay Nothing Until We Win Your Case
Call Now For A Free Consultation 541-485-4878 How to Reduce Serious or Fatal Injuries for Juveniles After a Car Crash Statistics of Serious or Fatal Injuries for Juveniles During 2016 in the United States, 723 children age 12 and younger died in a car accident. 35 percent of these children who died, was not wearing…Read More
Call Now For A Free Consultation 541-485-4878 Stolen Vehicle Crash With Infant Inside Eugene police reported a stolen vehicle crash with an infant inside. The baby who was trapped inside the stolen vehicle survived the crash without any serious injuries. Eugene police said the owner of the vehicle reported it stolen in the 500 Block…Read More
Eugene, Oregon Law Office
Our Eugene, Oregon law office provides legal services to injury clients in and surrounding Eugene. Visit or call our Eugene, Oregon law office now.
Parke Gordon, LLC
228 E. 11th Ave
Eugene, OR 97401
Phone: (541) 485-4878